This department is responsible for the construction and maintenance of main, divisional and minor provincial roads within the municipality’s jurisdiction as an agent for the Provincial Department of Transport and Public Works.
The road maintenance and construction responsibilities of the municipality are administered as follows and include:
- Maintenance – Permanent surface
- Resurfacing – Permanent surface
- Re-gravel – Non-permanent surface
- Construction and improvement projects
- Fencing Maintenance
- Kilometer Markers Maintenance
- Minor Roads Maintenance
- Road Signs Maintenance
- Emergency work (Floods)
The municipality has a mandate to act as agents for the road authority regarding the management and maintenance of main, divisional and minor provincial roads.
The strategic objectives of this function are to:
- Undertake preventative maintenance of provincial roads
- Improve the mobility and public safety
Contact us for more information: